Monday, June 14, 2010

First Post

After a multi-year hiatus, I've decided to get back into blogging. For those that don't know, I had a sort of proto-blog in college where I would comment on the world around me, from more-or-less a libertarian viewpoint. I intend to do the same, with hopefully the benefit of more maturity and better technology!

I'm starting my MBA in the fall, so also expect to see a number of postings relating to business, technology, and the new city I find myself in, the City of Angels.

I appreciate and encourage all comments and feedback. I'm hoping that this can also be another method of continuing discussion and repartee with those who I don't get to see often anymore. However, when I do post politically, I would ask that comments be intelligent and respectful, and I would prefer philosophical-based discussion, rather than going around and around on pet issues. Attitudes about issues should come from broader principle.

With that, we're off, and I will see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. are you really ready to post a blog? how do you handle criticism? personally, i think that blogs are just the alkali pool from whence tweets and status updates trace their lineage. in other words, not only does this make you a pretentious asshole, but it's outdated and most likely unread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome criticism, when thought out and analytical. It makes me think about myself and become a better and hopefully smarter and more complete person. I think that assuming that using new forms of communication is a form of self-centeredness is perhaps a logical fallacy. Again, one of the main purposes of this is to help maintain interesting discourse with those I don't get a chance to, because of distance and time difference, have that discourse through normal channels anymore.

    I'd be interested in hearing what you consider non-outdated modes of communication, since you seem to disapprove of the newest methods, the tweets and status updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nein, nein, i do not disapprove of status udpates or tweets. i'm saying that a blog is post-prime. i'll def keep a look out for your updates, though.

    ReplyDelete